Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jump When Ready Makes Top 100 Kindle List!

I woke up this morning to learn that Jump When Ready has climbed into the Top 100 Free Kindle downloads list on Amazon! To be honest, I’m still a bit in shock all these hours later. Jump is an indie novel, which I just published last month as an eBook (print version coming soon). In the scheme of things, Jump is barely a blip on the radar. I have no publisher, no agent, no publicist. This KDP Select promotion on Amazon is my first ever promotional attempt. I did some research on this (for example, reading Ryan Casey’s informative blog posts as well as advice offered by Annelie Wandeberg) and followed the advice given (although this first go-round, I was not included in Bookbub, as luck would have it). Did I think anything would happen? Did I think it would work like it has? Not at all! I just assumed I’d be lucky to get some downloads and maybe start to find some sort of readership for Jump When Ready. It never once occurred to me that I might actually break into the Top 100! At the time I’m writing this, Jump is listed as #1 in Kindle eBooks/Teens/Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Fantasy and #2 Kindle eBooks/Literature & Fiction/Fantasy/Paranormal).  By the way, it's still free to download today, May 9!
In the end, however, it comes down to all of you who gave me shout-outs on Facebook, who responded to postings on Goodreads, and who saw the book mentioned in one of the promotional sites and clicked on the awesome cover (image created by the very talented Samantha Pandolfe). So, ultimately, this is a long way of saying thank you, guys, for downloading Jump When Ready either today or yesterday! I hope you all enjoy the novel and thanks for supporting this indie writier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment